Magnolia is a curious and adventurous llama. She was born on a sunflower farm in Argentina on a windy day in October. She loves to graze on the open meadows and look up at the clouds that hang above the mountains on the horizon. Always exploring the land and creatures around her, she finds beauty in just about everything. Her favorite treats are crisp apple slices and orange peels and she is known to always be sporting a crown of freshly picked blooms atop her soft furry head. Welcome her to your home, and you will have a friend for life!
Some interesting facts about llamas:
- Llamas are used as guards in the western regions of the United States to protect the livestock, especially sheep, from the predators.
- In the Inca empire, llamas were the only beasts of burden, and many of the people dominated by the Inca had long traditions of llama herding. For the Inca nobility, the llama was of symbolic significance, and llama figures were often buried with the dead.
- It is thought that seeing a llama in your dreams represents the deep trust and faith you have in your own personal journey. This animal is symbolizing that you have the strength and endurance to reach your goal.
- According to the Pittsburgh Zoo, when one llama has an issue with another llama, it will stick its tongue out to express its displeasure.
• Height: 14.5 inches
• Width: 8 inches
• Depth: 7.5 inches
• Weight: ~1 lb
•A sawtooth hanger is included and your llama arrives ready to hang.
• This llama is made to order and can take 1-2 weeks to create before shipment.
• Please remember that these are handmade and unique works of art. Each piece may have slight differences.
Each and every product you see is a completely handmade work of art. Whimsy Wonderland Co. is a one-woman show run by Stephanie Carpenter of Franklin, Tn. Each animal begins as a block of clay. It takes weeks...sometimes even months to sculpt an animal bust. That clay sculpture is used only to then make a mold for casting. After the mold is finished, the clay sculpture is thrown out, and the final product is finally ready to be created. Every piece is hand cast, sanded, and handpainted by Stephanie. She finishes each piece by adding texture. This particular llama is dressed in soft chunky yarn and a beautiful flower crown to create a whimsical yet somewhat realistic aspect. The objective is to create something magical for your home that will be loved by the young and young at heart.Thank you so much for visiting my shop. If you don't see exactly what you are looking for or have a question, just select send me an email: email@example.com
(Please keep in mind that these are made to be admired on the wall and are not meant to be toys. Be sure to hang them high enough that a small child could not bump or pull down.)
To see more photos of my work in action, visit my Instagram page: @whimsywonderlandco